Submitted by glutenfreeweek on Fri, 01/17/2014 - 18:31
Vietnamese Chicken Pho (Pho Ga)
1) Soak the rice vermicelli in a bowl of hot water to soften. Drain and set aside.
2) In a large pot, bring chicken stock to a boil over high heat. Add fish sauce, ginger, garlic, and cardamon. Salt to taste. Add chicken and simmer.
3) Ready the garnishes. Arrange cilantro, bean sprouts, and lime slices on a platter and place on table for easy access.
4) Divide the rice noodles evenly among bowls. Ladle the chicken stock and meat over the noodles. Add the green onion.
5) Serve immediately, accompanied with the platter of garnishes.